I very seriously debated doing another political rant...but, decided that it is Sunday and I'd rather not get myself worked up when I could just relax and enjoy a quiet afternoon in the library with Lisa. But, I will say this much: SOCIALISM DOESN'T WORK!!! Every nation that has ever tried to function under a Socialist government/economy has sunk itself. There is no incentive to work within a government that doesn't reward the work for its worth. I admit that capitalism is flawed...but, it is a far better system than anything that Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton have to offer. There it is. Rant finished.
So...this past week was a rather full and somewhat hectic one. Lisa worked nearly 40 hours and naturally, if she is putting in those kind of hours on a schedule that is on almost the exact opposite time frame as compared to mine, we didn't see each other much. It was pretty rough. This next week, Lisa will be going in to work after I get home. She works from 1:30 to 10. This essentially means I will be in bed, asleep before Lisa even gets off of work. Lisa is somewhat anxious to hit her 90 day mark so she can change her availability so that she can see me more often. It would be really nice to have her home a little more when I can be home and spend time with her.
Well...my work has been going extremely well. I have been learning a lot more in the directing position. Tom Benson, my boss, told me that I am far ahead of where he expected I might be as far as learning the skills I need to be a director. That was really good to hear. I am not quite as pleased with my progress. Of course, the fact that I would like to understand everything right now sets the bar a little higher than it should be. But, I directed all but a few cut ins this past week. I even directed a few portions of the Noon and Today shows. That was pretty cool. I'm getting the hang of it somewhat...but, I still want to progress more.
Might as well end with a funny little anecdote. So, this past Tuesday, I went to my young men's meeting at 6 and found out that the older boys were going to play football. So, I called Lisa and asked if she would bring over my athletic clothes along with my cleats. Being the dutiful wife that she is, she obliged me. When she dropped those things off, however, she cautioned that she wished for me to be safe and return home unharmed. Understandably so. Past experiences with football and with ultimate frisbee taught that I tended to overexert myself and come home feeling a bit achy for the next few days, accompanied, of course, by grumbling about how I'm not in such great shape at present. So, at her caution, I said that I would be careful and wouldn't hurt myself. Well...on my teams opening drive, I played at the quarterback position. I was rushed and, so I ran it in for the TD. Well, our end zone was a rather brief patch of grass followed by the parking lot. Cleats, while excellent for gripping on turf of various kinds tends to slip on pavement. The first drive of the game proved to be the last, as the star quarterback skinned his knee and his hands in the end zone. Of course, the worry was not for the injuries themselves (which have actually healed up quite well) but for the doghouse I was afraid I would be in when I got home after my promise not to hurt myself. But, Lisa was just fine with it. Relieved, would actually be the better word. It turns out she had expected me to call from a hospital with something strained, pulled or broken. Hardly a vote of confidence, but a pleasantly low expectation that was exceeded despite my spill.
Anyway...that is all from the Eau Claire chapter of the Nigh family. Keep those cards and letters coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment