Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Guess What!

So, not long ago, Lisa went off birth control and we decided that rather than continue to prevent pregnancy by various methods we would just go for it. Well, last week, Lisa went to Walgreens to get a couple of sticks to pee on. Lisa had said that we would test on Saturday. So, I woke up at 3:00 and gently woke Lisa and asked if she had to use the bathroom. She said no and I slept for a little bit longer. So, at 4:30, I nudged Lisa awake again and asked if she had to pee. Once again, the answer was no. But she also asked why I kept asking. I told her that I wanted to test. So, test we did and pregnant we are. The picture I have included is our picture of the test result from the pee stick. We figure that she is about six weeks along. So far, no morning sickness. Lisa is just as chipper and active as ever. We have determined that we need to make walking a regular part of our routine so that Lisa can keep fit and have an easier pregnancy/delivery.

So...after waking at 4:30, Lisa and I went and helped the Javners, a family in our ward who I also home teach, move. All went well packing up and such. But, we got over to their new place and Brother Javner had forgotten his keys. Well...since most everyone helping was a member of the elder's quorum we couldn't simply wait until the key showed up. Josh Jacks tried picking the lock. Aaron Javner lifted me up onto the balcony to see if the patio door was open. But, ultimately Josh and Aaron lifted me up and I used a knife to pop the screen off of one of the windows that was only about a foot wide and I crawled through and opened up the door. After finishing our adventures with moving and breaking and entering, Lisa and I went home to prepare diner for the Javners. After we had the Javners over, we drove over to the Plaza to attend the wedding reception of one of our anchors at TV 13. It was a rather long day.

So...even though it isn't quite as cool as finding out that I'm going to be a father or fitting through a one foot window to break into a house, I do have some Wii news. I played a round of golf and shot a -10. Wow! I also played the home run hitting baseball training and hit 10 of 10 for 5,700+ feet and got a platinum medal for it!! Like I said...not as cool as an actual accomplishment, but noteworthy nonetheless.

Anyway...that's it! Bring on the comments!

3 comments:

Nighmom said...

Whoohoo!

Nighmom said...

There have been a few comments and congrats from the fam. You need to check the family webpage to see those.

Nighmom said...

OH, http://www.myfamily.com
Meyer Family website
I believe you were a member at one point...