Thursday, April 15, 2010

What Dave did last week

So I got another letter yesturday all about what he did last week. I was so happy to hear from him again so soon.

Last week was mostly BRM (Basic Rifle Marksmanship). He said it was fun, for the most part. Monday they did electronic shooting simulation, to help with teaching the fundamentals. He passed on his first time! Tuesday was zeroing his weapon, that took 2 trys. Wedneday he went on to advanced rifle drills. He enjoyed that a lot. Thursday would have been more fun for him if it hadn't been raining all day long. He had to go out to the 300m range to shot, the rain let up a little by the time it was his turn and he did great. His DS said "Dead all day, Nigh." I guess thats good. The rain picked up almost imeaditly after he finished (a little blessing I'm sure) and he ahd to eat a soggy MRE for lunch. Friday he worked on learing how to breach a room. Sat they were back in the simulator, this time wearing balistic vests, ammo vests, and Kevlar helmets. The full gear made things a little harder for him. They had to get a min of 27 out of 44 shots. After 33 he only had 20, he quickly said a little prayer and nailed 9 of his last 11 shots (blessing #2). Also that was the day he gt to call me (blessing #3)! He didn't say anything about his ear infection, as he hadn't been to sick call again yet, I expect that in the next letter. Keep him in your prayers.

No comments: