Monday, June 23, 2008

A Rare Two-Post Day

Alright...so, I decided that I left out one of the more newsworthy things. I have had my first and, ideally, last crash on the H4. Last Wednesday, I had gone to escort Lisa home from work. So, she got in the car and I hopped on the scooter. We were headed through the neighborhood that we always go through when going to or from Target. With Lisa in the lead, we approached a right hand turn that we make to get through the neighborhood, across Hwy 93 to get to our neighborhood. Well, at this point I made a very dumb decision. I decided I would pass Lisa in the turn and go shooting past her on the neighborhood street. Lisa began her turn and I gunned it and went into a wider turn. Well, come to find out, with that tight a turn at that speed and with a little patch of gravel, physics works the same way it always has. After uttering a cry of frustration and fear, I landed hard on my right hip and elbow. The H4 skidded over into the lawn of the house on the corner. I skidded just to the side of the street. At this point, a terrified Lisa had parked the car by the side of the road and had exited the car to make sure that my stupidity hadn't cost me my life. I quickly got up and shook the dust off, went over to the scooter and pulled it back up onto the road. I gave Lisa a wave and a thumbs up to let her know I was okay. My elbow was scraped up pretty bad and I had some minor abrasions on each of my wrists. Miraculously, despite wearing shorts, I hadn't a single scrape on my legs. I don't know if I would ever be able to achieve such a thing were I to try that again. Needless to say, it isn't high on my "To Do" list. Almost a week and the wounds are just about healed. I am still very cautious on the H4 and intend to remain so. Well, there you have it. Two posts, one day. Amazing!

4 comments:

Nighmom said...

Yippee! It seems like there was quite a lull since your last post! Thanks.

Jamie said...

New layout.

Nighmom said...

Love the cute new pic. ºÜº

bjbear said...

Yowsers! The only thing that I think would be worse than the shock and fear of hitting the pavement would be to be driving past and watching the whole thing happen! Thank goodness you're ok!!! (How much was the E/R visit for Lisa's heart attack?)

Love, Aunt Barb