So...the more I have driven around town with the H4, the more I have noticed other people riding scooters. Every time I do, I give a thumbs up or wave. I can't help but laugh...it seems as though everyone that rides a scooter likes everyone else that rides one too...either that or they are just glad that they aren't the only one who is out there looking goofy tooting along at 25 MPH with a full helmet and a heavy jacket on. Either way...it is really funny that I have become a part of the brotherhood of scooterists.Aside from becoming increasingly fed up with Lisa's job at Target...life is splendid! We recently bought a brand new mattress and have finally been getting the sleep we never knew we were missing out on. It's fabulous! It has unfortunately opened the door on an ever growing wish list. Certainly things that may be feasible within the next year or so...but, I don't know. In case anyone's interest is piqued, the list is as follows: a Wii, new sheets for the bed, an office chair and a storage footer for our guest room. It may be some time before we get most of those. I feel like I really stretched buying a mattress.
I don't know that there is too much more to report, really. I have begun teaching as a quasi-permanent sub for the 14/15 year old class at church. It is nice...the kids are pretty...active. Trying to get through the lesson and having them take something from it is about like trying to carry on a conversation with a 5 year old in the middle of the New York Stock Exchange. Yet, I have hope. This past Sunday, we only had a few minutes left and I had become fed up with these kids all yakking and goofing around while I was trying to involve them in the lesson that I just stopped and said, "You guys don't care to learn this stuff and you should. This stuff applies to you even though you think it's a drag. I know the people that wrote this did so over a thousand years ago and you think that has nothing to do with you, but it does. These people understood you. They understood your pain, your problems, your fears. Believe it or not, you could learn something from them." Perhaps not a verbatim quote...but, that was the message, more or less. It was pretty quiet for the remainder of the time. I challenged them to take a bit of time and just read the scriptures. We shall see if that has happened when I follow up this Sunday.
Anyway...not much more to be said. Really. I am done now.
2 comments:
Hi Guys,
Well, I just became aware of the blog. So ... HI from Hartland. Are you aware that I-94 from Delafield to Johnson's Creek has been closed for a few days. The government has provided a "convenient" 50 mile detour via I-43 and Beloit. What brainchild came up with that? I wonder. Effectively, you almost can't get to Madison from Milwaukee. I think it all part of some Mster Plan to insulate Madison from the "trash". Ha Ha
Donna and I are headed to Ireland with my brother Bruce, his wife and led by cousin Bernard Schmidt. Leave Wed AM and are "packing" tonight and tomorrow. Can you imagine how hard it is for a 58 year old woman to get her luggage down to 50 pounds for ten days?
Donna worked a lot of nights for the last fifteen years and so I busied myself with a dog and my hobby, photography. David, what personal hobby, if any do you and the bride have?
I will be "off the air" until I return on 06/30. Take care.
-Ralph R
Hi Guys,
Well, I just became aware of the blog. So ... HI from Hartland. Are you aware that I-94 from Delafield to Johnson's Creek has been closed for a few days. The government has provided a "convenient" 50 mile detour via I-43 and Beloit. What brainchild came up with that? I wonder. Effectively, you almost can't get to Madison from Milwaukee. I think it all part of some Mster Plan to insulate Madison from the "trash". Ha Ha
Donna and I are headed to Ireland with my brother Bruce, his wife and led by cousin Bernard Schmidt. Leave Wed AM and are "packing" tonight and tomorrow. Can you imagine how hard it is for a 58 year old woman to get her luggage down to 50 pounds for ten days?
Donna worked a lot of nights for the last fifteen years and so I busied myself with a dog and my hobby, photography. David, what personal hobby, if any do you and the bride have?
I will be "off the air" until I return on 06/30. Take care.
-Ralph R
Post a Comment