Friday, August 15, 2008

21!

Its a few days late but I thought I'd write about my birthday and updates on the going ons of Nigh life in Eau Claire...Dave will be so surprised.
So first off for those who don't already know Dave and I have internet in our house now!!! It's really exciting. Dad brought his old computer to us when they came to visit and we piggy-backing our high-speed off someone else in the building (hope thay don't move soon). So not only am I writing my 4 blog ever but I'm writing from my own home.
Birthday Time! It wasn't really a grand or exciting birthday...I threw up in the morning (I think it was the juice I had with breakfast because I had more later and felt sick again). I went to work with Dave for a picnic. We are always up for free food. I searched online for a new daycare job and wrote up an ad to put on craigslist (I've made 2 contacts with that and am currently waiting to here back from them after answering some questions). When Dave came home had to go to Target because the chain of the necklace he got me (after he told me where it was hidden, I got to open at 3:00 AM) had broken (already...grrr.) Of course they didn't have the same necklace so we got a chain and went home to fix it. We both had things to do at church so we headed off and got home at 8ish and went to bed....Like I said nothing to exciting. I did get lots of phone calls from my family which was really nice. It was a good birthday!
Update on the car: So we went to the mechanic today (with Tom, Daves boss). We test drove a couple cars while Tom talked the price down $300 for us. We are going to buy a "new"(1998) Le Sabre, we both liked it a lot. As for the old car our mechanic (Sean) is going to run a copression test (free of charge, assuming it's not fixable) ASAP, to see if the car is fixable. If it is we can fix it and sell it for more or keep it and have 2 cars. We are waiting to hear back about the test and more about the damage to decide what we will do there.
Even though everything fell apart the other day things are getting better....well not yet but they are looking better and we are feeling positive again. I think I got everything, if not I'm sure Dave will add a entry soon.

Love
Lisa

3 comments:

Nighmom said...

I'm so glad that you had a nice birthday, and that things are looking up for you. Keep doing the basics, and all will be well. The Lord is aware of you and desires to bless you. We love you

Nighmom said...

Love the new graphic. You are so creative.

Jamie said...

Throwing up in the morning, Litha? [insert requisite pregnancy-related comment here]