Thursday, March 11, 2010

2 days down....

....what feels like billions to go.

Well, Dave is off. He left Monday/ Tuesday. Monday he went to the MEPS station and he didn't leave for GA until Tuesday. Dad Nigh and I drove over to Milwaukee Tuesday morning and spent the morning with Dave. Our last few hours together were spent sitting in really uncomfy chairs and watching a TV that we couldn't really hear. Not the best last few hours, but they felt great anyway. He left for the airport around 1 and we drove back to Sun Prairie.

I've discovered that it is easy not to think about Dave being gone if I absorb myself in other things, and pretend he is just at work and will be home in a few hours. I've been reading a book, watching TV, talking on the phone, cooking, and getting ready for the long road trip. So far, so good!

Dave was able to call today! We got to talk for about 5 min (never thought I'd be so happy to have just 5 min to talk to him). He sounded great. I can't believe how much I've missed his voice already. He is doing really well, though this week will be pretty easy as it isn't basic yet, just prep for it. He said things were good and that he was doing good. He said he hadn't been able to shower for over 24 hrs and didn't enjoy that at all. That didn't surprise me at all as Dave would often take 2 showers a day if he got too sweaty. The man loves his showers. He sounded very excited about everything and quickly told me about getting his PTs and boots, along with the few other things he has been doing. Still no address, he should get it next week. Sadly, he won't be able to call for the next couple of weeks, so he will have to write to give out his address. I will make sure to pass it around and post it as soon as I get it. once again just a reminder NO Packages.

I leave Sunday to begin my trip. I will drive to IN and stay with my aunt for a day or two. Then off to KY to visit my bro, so the next blog will probably be from there. There I will start some of my craft projects, which I can blog about, and bore all who read with my adoring stories about my nieces and nephews. I'm sad to leave WI, but excited to be so close to my family again.



No comments: