Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I said I'd write and so I shall...

I've gotten 2 letters from Dave already this week.

1st letter is about his week at reception. It went well, he spent a lot of time waiting in line. Waiting in line for food, waiting in line for shots, waiting in line to shower...well you get the point. He got a bit of a cold then to, not bad he said it was mostly his throat and probably because of yelling his responses to the drill sergeant. He is feeling better. He says he learned quickly how to form up and shut up. He has made some great friends and is having a great time.

2nd letter is from Sunday 14th-Sunday 21st. Finishing reception and starting basic. He attended Sacrament meeting and Sunday School (they don't hold a 3rd hour meeting) and really enjoyed them. More shots on Monday. Tuesday they were greeted by screaming drill sergeants and Basic training began. He can't remember what he did everyday after that, they are blurring together. Dave is learning quickly what to do and what not to do, but the same is not true for all in his platoon. "There is a tremendous lack of discipline!" He has already been pulled aside, with others continuing on to OSC, to be told that more will be expected of them, and to lead by example. Monday 22nd they went to the gas chamber and Tuesday 23rd they did repelling. I'm sure there will be more both in his next letter.

He is doing well and staying strong!

My turn

Since leaving WI, I travled to my Aunts and saw my cousins that I hadn't seen in aprox. 5 years. It was great to talk and catch up in person, instead of just on facebook. I was surprised at how similar we still are and how easy it was to feel like we hadn't been apart. That's just how family is I guess. I only stayed 1 night and continued on to KY to be with Chris, Tammy, and kids Ona, Gabe, Triston, and Alexis. I went with Tammy to pick the kids up from school and they were so surprised to see me there, jaws dropped and eyes lit up. Since then I've done lots of playing and helping with homework. I love it! When I'm not playing or helping the kids, I'm writing Dave, reading a book, or playing on facebook. Nothing exciting, but I'm having fun. I'm keeping busy. I miss Dave terribly, but I'm doing good and having fun. Nieces and nephews are great for that sort of thing. I miss Eau Claire and everyone there, but being with my family has been the best thing with Dave gone.

1 comment:

Nighmom said...

Still waiting for that next blog posting....