Eliana had her 2 week check up last Thursday. She is doing great! She weighed in at 7 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches long. They told me the percentiles that she falls into and I think they were 18% and 35%.
The past 2 almost 3 weeks have been wonderful. I was very lucky to have my mom and Dave home with me and Eliana for most of that time. Mom went home on Fri and Dave went back to work yesterday. We haven't really done much exciting, just spent a lot of time loving our little girl.
She is such an amazing baby. She hardly ever cries (only when she is hungry or cold) and stops crying just as soon as that problem is fixed. She is also sleeping pretty well. She seems to know night and day. Last night she actually slept for 5 1/2 hours straight, ate for awhile and went back to sleep for another 4 hours. During the day she takes shorter naps and enjoys spending her awake time cuddling or eating. She is starting to get used to her swing and her tummy time play mat, but usually won't stay in either for too long.
Today her umbilical cord stump fell off and she has a beautiful little belly button. To "celebrate" the fact that Eliana doesn't have to take sponge baths anymore, she took her first shower with me. She really likes the warm water running over her and I think it relaxed her because right after we got out, I nursed her and she fell right to sleep. Looks like making bath time part of our bedtime routine will only help our wonderful sleeper sleep even better.
And now for some pictures!
2 comments:
She is GORGEOUS!! So glad you are enjoying her! Love her little belly button!! Such a big girl now!
Omigosh. I can hardly wait to hold her. We got a web cam today. Let me know when you get one so that we can skype! I love you all!
Post a Comment