
I'd like to thank Dave Barry for my title today. It is in congruence with the picture that I have included. It is a little photoshopped wonder from my friend and coworker, Dewey. He is quite skilled at photoshop and has taught me a thing or two...but, I still have yet to attain his level of mastery of the program.
So...this has been a fairly eventful week and I may even say that it has been further proof of the reality of the statement that the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft a-gley. On Monday, Lisa and I had plans to head over to Gold's Gym and sign up for our free membership through NBC. Well, it turned out that I had a mandatory meeting at the station shortly after Lisa finished work. Well...it ended up being alright because Lisa was invited to come along, I got to clock in and there was pizza there (which is the reason that Lisa was invited, not because she would enjoy the meeting.) But, we certainly didn't go to Gold's that night. Not to mention that I had ridden the H4 in to work and while I was there it started snowing to beat the band and I ended up getting a ride home from Tom and leaving the H4 there overnight.
So, now we come to Tuesday. Yet another day where things went a little crazy. I woke up at about 4:40, which was actually early since I was supposed to be working a master control shift starting at 7. Well, I got up and decided to go and get a drink of water. As I was walking down the hallway and heard the familiar buzzing of my vibrating phone from the office where our phones charge during the night. I went in and saw a (715) number and knew it was probably my boss, Tom, calling for me to come in early. Well...after searching around our apartment for a signal I was finally able to connect and Tom told me they really needed me to come in to do audio for the Sunrise show. I said I could and proceeded to get Lisa out of bed and get myself ready to go. This was, of course, April fool's day and the thought occurred to me that this might be a ruse. But, my caller ID showed that the same number had called something like eight times since 3:00, so I determined that this wasn't the case. I got there right as the show started and was able to run audio. It was a decent day even though I was quite tired. It warmed up significantly and I was able to ride the H4 home. Lisa and I finally made our long awaited trip over to Gold's. We just signed up...we weren't dressed for a workout. So, we went home and I crashed. I was able to pull off only one April Fool's Day prank out of three. I put some wadded up toilet paper in the neck of Lisa's bottle of body wash, I unscrewed the lightbulb on the lamp next to the bed that Lisa always turns on to read before we go to bed, and I shortsheated the bed. Well, somehow the bulb got tightened again before Lisa got to it and it turned on just fine and when she went to get in bed, she pulled the spread back far enough to see my little trick...so, oh well. There's always next year.
Yesterday was a little more normal...sort of. I went to work at the expected time, but it was at work that the unexpected things happened. I planned on going to pick up my helmet which was supposed to be at a local Postal Carrier annex. I was going to do that during my break since the place was only about 5 minutes away. But, as I was sitting there I felt a pop on my glasses and the vision of my right eye became quite blurry. Well, the little plastic string that held the lens on had just snapped. So, my plans changed. I ended up paying Lisa a visit while I waited for my glasses to be repaired at the Target optical center. I went and got my helmet after work. I managed a quick stop at home before going to the plasma center. Then, after dinner, it was off to young men's. We went to a driving range. It was fun, albeit a little chilly.
That pretty well brings us up to speed. I will say that I am awfully glad that I have a helmet now. It makes riding the scooter a little bit warmer and a less intimidating proposition. It is a marvelous machine, though. Roughly figured, we will end up spending about one fifth the amount of money on gas for the same mileage we get on a full tank with the Buick. Wow! I've told Lisa that I want her to learn how to drive the scooter so that when gas is really bad, she can take the scooter to work and I can just ride my bike. The car will be for grocery runs, going to church and longer road trips. Aside from that, we will stick to the H4 for our primary means of transportation.
Anyway...hope nobody got tired while reading this. You can take a nap now.
No comments:
Post a Comment