Well, here we are. Another day older and wiser, too. At leas ideally that's the case, the one is inevitable and the other depends on you.
Work remains very much the same. I've gotten to the point that I very rarely make mistakes on audio. Although today I was pretty tired and just about fell asleep during the noon show. Tom called for bump music (which is the music that plays right before we go to commercial break) and I about jumped out of my chair making sure I hit it. It was almost a disaster. In any case, I certainly didn't look calm and controlled. Tom got a laugh out of it.
I have made a very sound determination about my life. Not anything that will alter the trajectory of my career or the goals that I intend to pursue in life. It is really more of an affirmation that I have gone into the correct field. I had a meeting last night with the Young Men's Presidency. We had a meeting with the scouting committee from our ward and the Chippewa Falls Branch. I'm not really certain what all of the squabbling was about...but, it felt to me like something that I might experience were I a senator or congressman. Do we see where I'm going with this? I could never be a politician, if for no other reason than the fact that it would drive me crazy to have sitting around pontificating and blowing smoke be a part of the duties of my office. It was so irritating to sit there and feel as though there were a number of good ideas that were presented that would have worked as the solution to the problem that I had gleaned from what was being said. But, someone had something different in mind and so rather than seek to understand how such a solution might be viable, they reject it because it wasn't exactly what they had in mind. Grrr.
Moving onwardly...Lisa and I have been reading a book called The Tao of Pooh. What a fascinating book! It talks about how Pooh is somewhat the embodied epitome of Taoist philosophy and how the other characters in the Pooh story are, in one way or another, the antithesis of such. It goes through and takes a chapter to explain how each character is at odds with Taoist teachings and how Pooh is. Reading it has sparked a few enlightening philosophical conversations between Lisa and me. I have determined already that I am not very much like Pooh. Which...from a Taoist perspective, is okay. I don't know that I could say that I am any one character, though. I don't think anyone is. It's like the Myers Briggs personality assessment. You will be dominantly one thing over another, but have characteristics of both, otherwise you have some sort of mental disorder.
In other news, my parents are coming to town tomorrow!! I've been looking forward to this since they told me that was their plan. Of course, when they told me it felt like forever away. But, I've been like a little kid who has been told that Christmas is almost here. Not that I keep thinking that I need to ask Lisa if Mom and Dad are coming today...but, almost that bad. It will be exciting in so many ways. They will get to see our place and what we have done to move in, they will get to see my work and see what I do so they can picture me there, they will get to see the area and know a little more what it is like here in Eau Claire and they will get to meet the people we go to church with. It is exciting!
Anyway...there isn't really anymore to be said. TTFN, ta ta for now.
1 comment:
I hear that if a fly didn't have wings, it would be called a walk. o_O How was the visit from the 'rents?
Post a Comment