Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hooray for scooters!!

So...yesterday after leaving the library, we got on our mighty scooter and started on our way home. Well...there isn't really a way to get home without going on a hill in one direction or another. So, we tackled probably the biggest hill that we could have. I knew it would be slow going and that it was possible that we would have to get off and push. I throttled as much as I could and got the bike up to 40. The speed dropped precipitously, but leveled out at 20 and the only repercussions that we faced were the impatient drivers who shot past us in the other lane. No harm, no foul. I'm certain they expected that we wouldn't be able to maintain the 30 mph speed limit, so it wasn't that we made anyone angry. If anything, I'm sure they laughed at us struggling up the hill. And the upshot is: we know we can make it both to and from the library on the scooter!

Work today was pretty good. I had forgotten my cell phone and was unable to receive texts from Lisa. I was able to send one via T-Mobile.com, but I couldn't get texts back. That was okay, because I was rather busy the entire time. Generally, I spend a bit of time just walking around looking for something to entertain myself between cut ins and shows. But, I worked on a few web graphics and helped with some of the pre-producing of this Friday's "Technology Spot". It was an all day sort of work day, which was nice.

Spring officially begins tonight just after midnight. It will be nice to see the temperatures rise to bring weather that is a little more scooter-worthy. Not that I'm anticipating that overnight, but, it will be nice to leave behind a winter that should fly in the face of the global warming theory.

Happy Spring everyone, enjoy the vernal equinox!

No comments: